Wisconsin Council of Trout Unlimited
A portion of sales will benefit the Wisconsin Council of Trout Unlimited.
The Wisconsin Council of Trout Unlimited ("WITU") is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization which consists of approximately 5,200 volunteer members in Wisconsin working to ensure that future generations have access to cold, clean, fishable water. In a typical year, WITU and its local Chapters will put in over 50,000 volunteer hours, working on conservation projects, youth education and outreach events, advocating for our cold water resources, and operating service programs for veterans and first responders in our communities.
Our Mission is to conserve, protect and restore Wisconsin's cold water fisheries and their watersheds. Wisconsin is home to over 13,000 miles of cold water trout streams. These waters provide angling opportunities for the public, support our outdoor recreation economy, and deliver clean water to our businesses and communities.
Trout Unlimited has a basic approach to its conservation strategy. First, we use the best available science to protect headwater spawning habitat for trout and salmon. We reconnect tributaries with their rivers to ensure resilience, and we restore waters where development has impacted trout and salmon and the opportunity to fish for them.
Then we sustain our work on the ground by:
- Using the best science to drive conservation priorities
- Promoting and maintaining a strong legal and regulatory framework to protect fish and fishing opportunity
- Connecting with passionate anglers who want to give back to the resource they value so much
- Increasing our ability to engage TU members and the public in conservation by training, educating and building a strong community of angler advocates
- Connecting with generous donors and helping them give to the fish they cherish and the places they love
As a volunteer driven organization, we thank you for your support.